Homeowner & Condo Insurance Frequently Asked Questions

What is Liability Coverage?

Liability covers you and your family members for what you may be legally obligated to pay because of bodily injury or property damage caused to another person.

What is Personal Property Coverage?

Personal Property is considered to be things you own or are in your care, custody, and control.

What is Scheduled Personal Property Coverage?

This is for your personal property such as Jewelry, Furs, Cameras, Musical Instruments, Silverware, Golfing Equipment, Guns, Fine Arts, Stamps, Rare Coins, Bicycles, etc. to provide open peril coverage and eliminate a deductible if a loss occurs.

What is Identity Theft Coverage?

Provides coverage arising out of Identity Theft. Some of the expenses you may incur include, but are not limited to: expenses for obtaining affidavits and/or other pertinent documents, cost for telephone calls, research fees, attorney fees, lost earning, etc.

What is Water Damage – Sewer, Drains, and Pumps Coverage?

Provides coverage caused by water or sewage that backs up through sewers or drains or that overflows a sump pump or similar system. A deductible does apply to this coverage. (Not available for risks known to be subject to flooding or risks located in the flood zone.)

My child has gone way to college, is there coverage for their personal property they bring with them?
This is typically covered for theft and damage. The amount, however, may differ from company to company. You should check with your agent to find out how much coverage you have for this situation.

Can I switch my homeowner’s insurance if I escrow?

Yes, this is a very easy transition, leave it up to us.

Is my home business covered?

Probably not. Your homeowner’s policy must include an endorsement for the specific business you are conducting.

  • The definition of “insured” in the Homeowner and Personal Auto policies does not include corporations, nonresident “partners”, or employees.
  • The homeowner’s policy provides no coverage for the property of non-dwelling structures used for business.
  • The homeowner’s policy provides, for all practical purposes, NO liability or medical payments coverage for any business activities.
  • The homeowner’s policy provides minimal coverage for business personal property.
  • The homeowner’s policy provides no professional liability or D&O coverage.

What is Loss Assessment Coverage?

Coverage which pays on an association member’s behalf, their share of an assessment that is charged against all members as a result of a covered loss because the amount of the claim exceeded the policy limits of the association’s master policy.